Like most website operators, The Holistic Directory collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The Holistic Directory’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how The Holistic Directory’s visitors use its website. From time to time, The Holistic Directory may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of personally-identifying information
Certain visitors to The Holistic Directory’s websites choose to interact with The Holistic Directory in ways that require The Holistic Directory to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that The Holistic Directory gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
Information you provide to us
Those who engage in transactions with The Holistic Directory are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, The Holistic Directory collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with The Holistic Directory.
How we use personally-identifying information
The Holistic Directory will only use the personal data we collect as reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- to allow you to use and interact with the Site;
- to provide the Services to you as our client;
- to inform our development of the Site and the Services;
- to communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account with us;
- to send marketing communications related to the services we provide;
- as required by applicable law or legal requirements pertaining to records retention or for internal administrative purposes;
- as specifically authorized by you in writing.
- The Holistic Directory does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of certain personally-identifying information
The Holistic Directory discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
(i) need to know that information in order to process it on The Holistic Directory’s behalf or to provide services available at The Holistic Directory’s websites, and
(ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
The Holistic Directory will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, The Holistic Directory discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when The Holistic Directory believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Holistic Directory, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a The Holistic Directory website and have supplied your email address, The Holistic Directory may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with The Holistic Directory and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. The Holistic Directory takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- when we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law or legal request;
- to enforce our legal and contractual rights, or to protect the rights and safety of others;
- to third parties who help us provide any part of the Site or the Services, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- as part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company.
Your rights over personal data
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails.
We may keep your personal data for as long as reasonably required to meet the purposes described herein. Additionally, we will retain this information as required by law, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.